Sunday, July 13, 2014

Free

I'd been reading about authors on Twitter who were so happy that they didn't have to do battle with agents and publishers and who were much happier living life as an author on their own terms.  Many of the arguments were solid and I could completely understand them based on some of their experiences, especially why they elected to move on (away) from traditional publishing.  But after spending eight years writing a damn good book and promoting it for a year with some solid writer friends on Twitter, I decided to pull the plug on my own work.  It's nothing against anyone nor am I trying to put out to the universe that I'm better than everyone else. Instead, it's more like a message to myself that I'm free of the indie and traditional publishing worlds for awhile and free to write without distraction anything that fascinates my head while remaining free from judgment, at least until I'm through writing the next book.  If' you're reading this and have never opened your mind to indie publishing, you should.  Like I said, there are some incredible people who did all they could to promote my work and for that I will be always be grateful.  As for now, I have returned to the lab.  My best to you, JW

No comments:

Post a Comment